Sunday, July 24, 2005

I am blind

I AM BLIND! This is no joke i tell you because i am really temporary blind. I was hit by a metal tong on my right black eyeball yesterday while working! Now as i am making this blog entry i am struggling with one eye. It is no wonder that Mr M.(a blogger) say that people, in any kind of situations like maybe a bomb explosion will still want to blog.
OK let me tell you what exactly happened yesterday. I was using a tong to pack the chessy hotdogs in plastic bag. Unfortunately, i did not have a tight grip on the tong and the tong sprung forward and hit my right eye. I wasn't wearing my spectacles and my eyes was not shut during that time so it hit my right black eyeball. Initially, i felt a stingy pain in my eye and i could not open my eyes. After about 2 minutes when i was able to open my eyes, i quickly rushed to the toliet to check it out. It seems like nothing was affected at first, just that my right eye was really red but on closer inspection, i was shocked to realised that there was a hole in my black eye ball, or rather a dent in an area on my black eyeball. I thought it was the the light that was causing it but when i shifted my position a little, the dent was still there. I quickly rushed back to my colleague, Wai Leng and because i wanted to confirm that there was something and not my own illusion, i asked Wai Leng to take a look. Initially, she said "Mei you lei (nothing what)". Then when i told her to look closely at my black eyeball, she suddenly gasped "Wo kan dao le( i see it already)!" That was when i began to panic. Then she added "Mun da de(quite big)!", which make me panic even more! I started to ask her question that i know she can't answer like "Do you think the skin of black eyeball would grow back since when there is a scrape on our skin, the skin will still grow...", actually during that time i was just trying to reassure myself that everything is alright and that it was only a minor case. Wai Leng then suggested that i asked another colleague, Chuan Lai whose brother is a eye specialist. Chuan Lai also took quite a while before he finally saw the scratch, then my manager also came to inspect or rather see what is the commotion about. The manager did not lose any time, he quickly instructed Chuan Lai to take me to the clinic to get a check on my right eye although there was a session going on. We went to the a 24hr clinic in Bishan. The doctor also took quite a while to notice the scratch, actually she used a dye to help her to see it! Then she referred me to Tan Tock Seng Hospital which i think is totally stupid cos she say that it is only a minor case!
I went to the Tan Tock Seng Hospital with my manager and waited for 2 long hrs to be attended by the doctor. Finally when i thought that that was the end of the wait, i was wrong! The doctor say that he can only attend to us 2 hrs later cos he had to do an operation on another patient which might take about 1 hr. I was angry with him but i also kind of pity him because he told us that he haven't had his lunch and the time then was already 5.45pm. Of course about 2.5hrs later i went back and again had to wait because the doctor was nowhere to be found. Seriously we need more doctors!!! The long wait really can cause people to die. Imagine having to wait for 7hrs just to see my right eye! Mine is already considered to be small case, can you imagine those who have broken limps and arms, still have to go through the pain for so long before they are attended to!
I was actually quite happy during the time at the hospital, that i could not open my right eyes. It is because i was able to rest my eyes and not look at what is happening around me. As most people know, i would faint at the sight of blood so i think it was best for me to keep my eyes shut the whole time. Although i kept my eyes shut most of the time, i could not block my ears. I heard that one bangladeshi worker actually had a nail stuck in his heels, AHHHHH, erase that from my mind quick!!!! I saw a man or rather a boy who dislocated his arm and hurt his leg (he was limping) while riding his bike (his mother was helping him to carry his helmet). Unfortunately he was sitting beside me so i can't help but notice him whenever he walk to and fro. I also noticed that his white singlet was torn and it is not longer white but grey, i guess he must have had a very bad fall from his bike. I tell you i will never dream of riding motorbike ever!!!
Right now though, i just hope that my eyes will recover before my class chatlet.

No comments: