We took a ferry from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal to the ferry terminal at Bintan which took about 2 hours. Then from Bintan we had a chauffeur who drove us to our destination, I feel like a queen! Anyway the trip took about 30 minutes. So you can imagine, only 2.5 hours and I am in another country!
When we reached, we had our first meal there. And just take a look at the spread!

We had crabs, fish, soup, kang kong, a snail shell thingy that taste like sotong!!! For $150 you get fed with these kind of food everyday, where to find?
It was drizzling when we reached Kelong so you can imagine how disappointed I was to have my suntanning plan crushed. Thank goodness there were lots of indoor entertainment around like billiard, KTV and mahjong. So, we challenged one another to a round of billiard.

After the drizzle, we were looking for some excitement so we went island hopping! YEAH! While waiting for the host to get ready the speed boat, we had to entertain ourselves so we camera-whore

Shu Duan and Zhong Wei (pardon the spelling)

Eyna and Shu Duan

My sister and I

I seriously don't know why I am smiling till my eyes are unseen but I really enjoyed the feeling of riding a speed boat.
After dinner, we went to their KTV. Not as bad as I expected. At least they still have songs by Stefanie Sun, Sammi Cheng, Mariah Carey and 500 (Wu Bai). We also played mahjong

Really tai tai life man.
The next morning, the sun was finally out!!! So without brushing my teeth, getting rid of my eye shit, I did the most rational thing...defy the wind and sit on those dangerously put together wooden planks to soak in the morning sun.

My sister and I tried their banana boat ride.

Me walking towards the banana boat. I was in fear but still had time to arrange my hair.


Life is really simple at Kelong. We bath using rainwater which is collected using large tank at different water catchment area. We ate fishes and crabs that the host catches from the sea. We slept without air-con or fan but natural wind. It has been a really good experience and if possible, I will want to return to the place again.
No comments:
Post a Comment