In case anyone does not know where Desaru is (like me), here’s a map

If anyone is looking for short and cheap trips and are lazy to plan the itinerary yourself, I think Desaru is a pretty good place to visit. Konsortium had everything planned out and they only charge $70 per pax, inclusive of meals and transport. Although the meals are not really that wonderful, along the way you get to sample this and that and you get to learn a lot of things so it’s not that bad.
First up, we went to CocoaRich Chocolate Gallery where we got to sample lots of chocolate. They had tomato, mango, tongkat ali, sesame, etc. Using the ‘we want to buy but must try first excuse’ we tasted one chocolate after another until we are really happy before we really bought a few unique flavours to let our friends and relatives try.


Our next stop was Desaru Fruit Farm where they have many kinds of fruit and I seriously can’t remember al their names, so I’m going to just post pictures.
What the tour guide is showing us is bolong long. I can remember this cos the name of this fruit is very special and true. It is really bo(not)- long long *cold wind blows*

The guide picked up 1 bolong long for us to try, supposedly ripe. The picture is misleading cos seriously, I really didn't like the taste, it's too sourish for me.


Cousins of rambutan. Can't remember the name so it shall remain as that.

We got to see durian tree cos its the durian season now.

One very interesting fruit is this long bunch of bananas. According to the guide, this fruit is not for eating, it's only for show. If we were to taste it, it's sourish. Seriously, why do they want to grow a fruit that we can't eat?

This fruit is also very interesting. It looks like a buddha's hand.
After that, we went to visit the Ostrich Farm which is like any kind of animal farm, STINKY.
Ostrich's neck are very hyperactive and long so I didn't dare go near it in case he stretches over and poke me. Actualy ostrich does not have teeth so you don't have to be afraid they will bite, still it's pretty scary cos you don't know their beak strength.


We all know ostrich eggs are really big but do you know how heavy is it? It's like the weight of one dumbell. So now I know why even if you step on it, it'll not break.
Realised I did not take any photos of our lunch nor dinner, cos it is seriously not that impressive. Still, it was a nice outing with my family and I totally enjoyed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment