Been having a lot of people coming up to ask me 'What are your plans after you graduate?'. To a point where I am irritated cos seriously, I have yet to have a plan. I would always reply 'I think I will work for a while before I apply for university', like as if I had everything all planned out but the truth is, I am just trying to dismiss those people and place the question at the back of my mind...
3 weeks ago, I had a discussion with my family members about our (my sis and I) plans for the future (it was just a out of the blue thing). My sis had everything all planned out. She is going to take a Degree in English after she finish serving her bond and then she will go on to work for a Japanese company where they will definitely need a fluent in English and Japanese language employee. I am like 'Great! My sis has everything planned out while I, who will be graduating in a few months time haven't yet plan on where to go.' I did mention that I am thinking of getting a diploma in tourism management which led my sis to suggest that I become an air stewardess. I thought it was a good idea since I enjoy traveling, BUT my height posted a problem cos I am 1cm away from the standard height and the thing is, I want to be seen carrying a laptop, not a make-up kit! My parents asked me why I don't want to get a degree for my relevant course and I told them that I am just not cut out for the course. It took me 2 years to realise that I don't belong in my course...stupid right? Still, I did learn all the basic marketing, econs...business skills and laws so i don't regret at all.
Right now, I am browsing through some university courses.....
No comments:
Post a Comment